Stephanie + Fraser
How did you meet?
We met backpacking through Southeast Asia at a hostel in Cambodia. We were both on solo trips and met at the latter end of our travels. We spent four days together and fell in love. We had a long-distance relationship for six months (England – Australia), before Fraser moved to Australia where we have lived since. We have now been together for over four years, still enjoy travelling the world together and spending time with our chocolate Labrador, Harvey.
When did you know they were the one?
On the second day of knowing each other, Fraser said to me “I think you are my soul mate” and I replied, “I think you are mine too”. We both knew immediately knew we were each other’s forever.
What are your three favourite attributes of your partner?
Fraser is incredibly caring and will go out of his way to do things for me or to make me laugh, he is immensely spontaneous and will constantly surprise me with weekends away or amazing restaurant bookings and most importantly he is full of love. I have trusted him with my heart since the day we met.
Who proposed and how?
Fraser proposed to me. We were at home sitting on the couch and he passed me a box. I opened it and kept saying over and over “Is this real?”. I was in complete shock. We then spent the weekend in the Yarra Valley wine region in Victoria celebrating, drinking amazing wine and having beautiful tasting menus. It was a perfect weekend.
Where did you fall in love with your dress and why?
I fell in love with Harry at the Gold Coast Made with Love Bridal Store. As soon as I put Harry on, I remember saying to my Bridesmaid & Bridesman “I feel like a bride”. I love how simply Harry is, how stunning the detachable train is and how flattering the dress is.
What was the best moment for you at your wedding?
Fraser’s family live in England and my family live in Australia. The week we got married was the first time our friends and family got to meet in person. It was so special to us to have everyone together. We had a destination wedding in Crete, Greece. It was a week together full of laughs, love and thousands of memories.
What were your favourite details?
• Our venue was absolutely beautiful (what dreams are made of). All the food and wine was farm to table and the service was immaculate.
• We had a polaroid guest book. Some of the funniest photos we have are from the random polaroid photos taken on the night!
• We included our dog, Harvey, by having a personalised cocktail bar sign made containing his illustration. During cocktail hour we had signature cocktails (His, Hers & Harvey’s).
• We wrote personal handwritten cards to each guest which we had at their table setting. It was so special watching everyone read their personal cards and witnessing their reactions.
• My bridesmaid and bridesman did a rap for their speech; it was absolutely hilarious and one of my favourite parts of the whole day!
What advice would you tell other brides?
• Research your vendors (having amazing vendors are key, they will make your day run so smoothly).
• Organise a late night snack for your guests (we had chicken gyros, they were amazing!)
• Have a range of songs for all ages to ensure everyone will get up on the dance floor.
• Take a few moments to be alone with your partner on the night – soak it all in together.
• Don’t feel inclined to invite everyone you know, keep it small & intimate.
Any standout vendors?
All our vendors were absolutely incredible and made our day run so smoothly. We couldn’t have been happier.